Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Creative Evangelism

So, today, our last day in Amsterdam, we did creative evangelism. Nicole, another girl in my group, and I were paired up and we decided to sing worship songs. So, we went to Dam Square and began to sing. Then, we decided God wanted us to go down this random street, so we did. And we walked, and walked, and walked. We had no idea where we were going, we just turned where we felt like we should. At some point on our walk I made the comment, "Wouldn't it be cool if God led us back to Dam Square?"We found this sculpture that Nicole got a ton of stuff for, and I couldn't figure out what it meant to me, until a girl and her dad walked by, and I knew I was supposed to give her a bracelet I had made. Then, we continued walking. I was planning on going out later and getting a soccer/football jersey for my brother. We walked out from a little side street to a bigger street, and there was a gift shop with the jerseys right out front, with the price I was looking for. We went back to Dam Square, but we decided to walk down another side street. Then, we realized it was the street we had come on in the first place. We went to the hemp store where we had bought hemp yarn, the stuff you use to make bracelets, to talk to the cashier that we'd met. She wasn't there, but we gave the cashier there a letter Nicole gave her before coming back to the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment